Thursday, March 13, 2014

Spring Time

Alisha says: At the beginning of March my mom came to visit us for a few days. She taught me how to cook dutch oven peach cobbler and dutch oven potatoes. They turned out delicious!



Tucson has experienced a very mild winter this past year. To tell you the truth, I don't know if the temperature even ever dropped below 32 degrees F. We are truly spoiled. We finally got one really good rainstorm and this awesome rainbow could be seen from our backyard when the sun came out.



Dave and I took a break from road biking, mountain biking and hiking for a day and went caving at Peppersauce Cave out by Oracle. It is a fun cave because it isn't too big that you worry about getting lost (although I still get all turned around) but you can still spend about 2 hours in the cave to explore all of it. There are some big open spaces and some tight squeezes. After caving we decided to take the focus up the fire road backside of Lemmon. Since we don't have a four wheel drive vehicle Dave likes to test the limits of our city cars occasionally. The road was in good shape and we didn't have any problems.


I had the opportunity to host three of the riders from the Optum Pro Women's Cycling Team while they were in town for a few races and a training camp. After being hosted myself by kind people while I was racing pro it was great to be able to get to return the favor and be the host. We had our regular winter visitor, Lauren and her awesome teammates Janel and Denise stay with us. They cleaned up at the races. Lauren lapped the field solo to win the Old Pueblo Criterium.



No comments: