Monday, January 18, 2010

St. George Again


Dave says: We hung out with both of our families and did some great bike rides with friends this holiday weekend. Too bad all I've got to show for it is this cell phone pic on a t-rex at the park in Coral Canyon. The whole trip was almost cancelled when I woke up with the stomach flu on Thursday. It was a rough day but I pulled it together by Friday and on Saturday I was out on the bike for 4 hours getting hammered by Lasse who ejected me out the back of the group before the ride was even half over. Next time I will throw up on his carbon wheels :-) It seems like we see half of SLC every time we're out riding down south and it's great fun to run into a half dozen friends in 80 miles.

We stayed with my family down at Coral Canyon and had a fun time hanging out with them. I hit the ice skating rink with my little bro and sis on Friday night for the first time in a decade. Then, Alisha and I went to the community pool with them on Saturday which makes you feel a bit old when no one over fifteen is in the water. My parents took us to Samurai 21 where the chef showed off his grill skills and my dad suprised us all by catching a shrimp in his mouth right out of the air.

We woke up this morning to rain in St. George and knew our biking plans for the day were not going to happen. My parents salvaged the morning by taking us to IHOP and we cruised back to Cedar to see Alisha's family (although I think she mostly wanted to see Brody). Alisha got her hair cut a few inches shorter and we headed back to SLC where the haze has finally lifted. We arrived just in time to hop back on the trainers for a couple hours before bed. The weekend turned out to be something of a mini-vacation rather than just a training trip with tons of fun stuff going on.

No comments: